Global Scholars Program
In 2014, Holton established the Global Scholar honors designation for students with an interest in global issues and international affairs. Upper School students interested in this program take a specialized global curriculum, including four years of world language study, the Global Issues and Perspectives course, participation in a Holton Junior Journey, and completion of a capstone Senior Project focusing on one or more of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Students who successfully fulfill the following requirements will have this designation noted on their transcripts and will be recognized at Commencement.
- Four years of world language study or through highest level offered: Chinese, French, Latin, or Spanish
- Grade 11 Global Issues and Perspectives Class (one semester minor)
- Participation on a Global Education Junior Journey at the end of junior year
- Senior Project on one or more of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
One of the following:
- Host an international student
- Participate in a pre-approved Language Immersion Experience abroad in a non-English-speaking country
- Participate in two Model U.N. Conferences (including HAMUN)
- 15 hours of service with an organization addressing one or more of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (these hours are in addition to the Holton Community Service graduation requirement).