Global Scholars Program
In 2014, Holton established the Global Scholar designation for students with an interest in global issues and international affairs. Upper School students are required to take a specialized global curriculum including four years of world language study, the Global Issues and Perspectives course, participation in a Holton Junior Journey, and completion of a globally focused senior capstone project.
Students who succesfully fulfill the following requirements will have this designation noted on their transcripts and will be recognized at Commencement.
- Four years of world language study or through highest level offered: Chinese, French, Latin, or Spanish
- Grade 11 Global Issues and Perspectives Class (one semester minor)
- Participation on a Global Education Journey at the end of Junior Year
- Senior Project on one or more of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
One of the following:
- Host an international student
- Participate in a pre-approved Language Immersion Experience abroad in a non-English speaking country
- Participate in two Model UN Conferences (including HAMUN)
- 15 hours of service with an organization addressing one or more of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (these hours are in addition to the Holton Community Service graduation requirement).