Effective Date: January 24, 2024
When using our Service, you may provide information about yourself or your child. This may include information such as your name, login information, contact information, financial account or payment card information, income tax information, employment information, demographic information, information pertaining to your child’s academic interests, or additional information you choose to provide to us. For example, we may collect this information when you create a profile in VeraCross, apply for financial aid, register for events and programs, participate in our surveys, submit forms through our Service, join our mailing list, purchase items from our school store, or send us an inquiry.
As part of the admissions and enrollment process, we may receive information about students and prospective students from third parties and combine that information with other personal information that we collect. We may collect the following personal information about you and your child from you or third-party sources: teacher recommendations; student records and personal information the School receives directly from schools that students previously attended; videos submitted as part of a student’s application; and student personal information obtained through the School’s admissions, placement, and testing procedures.
In some cases, students may also provide information about themselves to the School and other members of the Holton-Arms School community, including through third-party applications we use. For example, students may provide such information when they attend virtual classes, upload their homework, or connect with teachers and classmates through these applications. Please see the “Third-Party Links and Tools” section below for more information about third-party applications integrated into the Service.
We may use the information we collect for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To provide the School’s services, including to process applications for admission, assess applications for financial aid, register you or your child for School programs and services, and/or create student, parent, and alumnae directories;
- To respond to your inquiries and requests;
- To communicate with website visitors, students, parents, applicants, alumnae, and others;
- To provide newsletters, updates, surveys, and other content that may be of interest to you;
- For business purposes, such as analytics, research, advertising and marketing, payment processing, and operational purposes;
- To maintain, operate, personalize, and improve the Service;
- To comply with the law and otherwise in relation to legal proceedings;
- To protect our Service and our operations, our rights and property, and the rights and property of others, including to maintain the security of our Service and School; or
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
We may share the information we collect through the Services with parties affiliated with the School including, to the extent permitted by law:
- With parents/guardians of a student;
- With our teachers and other employees of the School;
- With other members of the School community, including through student, parent, and alumnae directories; or
- With volunteers, contractors, consultants, integrated web applications, and other third parties that help us provide certain activities and features, including academic, enrollment, tuition, and communications or marketing services. Please see the “Third-Party Links & Tools” section below for additional information.
We may also share the information we collect through the Service with outside organizations in limited ways, such as when the sharing is:
- With vendors who provide services to us, such as payment processing, email services, analytics services, and website hosting and support services, among others;
- With Advertising Partners as described in the “Digital Advertising & Analytics” section;
- At your direction or request (including direction by a student’s parent/guardian on behalf of the student), such as providing information to third parties related to standardized testing or transfers to a new school;
- With accreditation, oversight, and research authorities, or with our legal or business advisors;
- Part of an actual or potential sale, merger, or acquisition, or transfers of all or part of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law to protect our rights or the rights of third parties, or to protect the safety or security of any person or entity; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or sharing.
- We may share information that has been deidentified (including aggregated information) without limit.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Service and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
You may visit the DAA Webchoices tool at www.aboutads.info to learn more about this type of advertising and how to opt out of this advertising on websites by companies participating in the DAA self-regulatory program. You can also exercise choices regarding interest-based advertising on your mobile device by downloading the appropriate version of the DAA’s AppChoices tool at https://youradchoices.com/appchoices.
If you delete your cookies or use a different browser or mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choices exercised through the DAA Webchoices tool. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Service and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. For example, the School uses Google Analytics to improve the performance of the Service and for other analytics purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Service, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Third-Party Links & Tools
The Service includes links to third-party websites and apps and also integrates third-party web applications that we use to support a variety of functions. We provide information to these integrated third-party web applications as described above, and the integrated applications may also collect information directly. In cases where we enable students under age 13 to provide personal information directly to third parties through such integrated applications, the School has reviewed the third party and provided consent on behalf of the students’ parents or guardians for the third parties’ data collection. You can view a list of the third-party applications currently integrated into the Service and links to their privacy policies.
Some parts of the Service may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with social media features on the Service, those social media companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public.
Your interactions with third-party companies as described in this section and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these companies.
The School maintains safeguards designed to help protect the personal information we collect, use, and disclose.
To opt out of our email marketing, you can use the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message. If you opt out of email marketing, we will still send you messages related to our transactions and relationship with you.
For choices with respect to third-party interest-based advertising activities, please see the “Digital Advertising & Analytics” section above.
Updating Your Information
When you have an account with us, you may review, change, or update your contact information by logging into your account.
To review your contact information, search the household directories tab in the parent portal.
To change your contact information, click the “Email in Family Profile Updates” link on the main page of the parent portal
If our information practices change, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.