All clothing must be clean, neat, hemmed, in good repair, and fit appropriately. Jumper hems must touch the top of the knee. All clothing should be labeled with student’s name. Dress for field trips is at the teacher’s discretion.
Logo always refers to the Holton logo. All clothing must be clean, neat, in good repair, hemmed, and must fit appropriately. Jumper hems must touch the top of the knee. All clothing should be labeled with student’s name. No sweatpants may be worn under the uniform. Navy bike or gym shorts may be worn under the uniform, but may not be visible below the uniform.
NOTE: The Holton plaid is identified in Lands’ End materials as the “white plaid.”
- Shirts: White or navy short or long sleeved logo polo shirt, White turtleneck (Shirt tails tucked in)
- Jumpers/Skirts: Holton plaid jumper (hems should touch the top of the knee)
- Pants: Navy slacks, corduroy or twill
- Skorts/Shorts: Navy skort, Navy bike or Holton gym shorts (under uniform only)
- Sweaters/Sweatshirts/Jackets: Navy, white, or gray Holton sweatshirt with logo , Navy cardigan sweater, Holton fleece jacket
- Socks: Navy or white socks (no decoration/Holton logo allowed), Navy or white tights, Navy, white, black, or gray ankle length dance leggings (no lace trim), Socks must be visible above the ankle
- Shoes: Students are required to wear athletic sneakers to school on a daily basis. These athletic sneakers must follow the color guideline below and have a non-marking sole and laces that tie securely. Please note that it is very important to have full stability and arch support, and therefore fashion sneakers will not be permitted.
- Athletic Shoe Guidelines: Lower School students must wear sneakers that are all black, white or navy. Any details or highlights (including laces) can be black, white, navy or gray.
- Jewelry/Accessories: Limited to stud earrings and wristwatch, (no rings, necklaces, bracelets, or anklets), Simple hair accessories in uniform colors (blue, white, grey, plaid). Students may wear one hair tie or scrunchie on their wrist. No nail polish or hair dye.
- Physical Education
- Grades 3 and 4 Holton P.E. uniform (uniform white or navy polo shirt and shorts*) and carrying bag (issued to students)
- Grades 5 and 6 Holton P.E. uniform (grey Holton Athletics T-shirt and shorts*) and carrying bag (issued to students)
- Navy, white or gray Holton sweatshirt and sweatpants for cold weather activities.
- See Athletic Shoe Guidelines above
[*ordered through Land’s End].
Holton-Arms uniforms can be purchased from several sources, including:
Flynn & O'Hara Uniforms, Inc., Holton's school code is MD067 or just type in Holton-Arms School.
Lands' End, please be sure to use our identifying:
Preferred school number: 900117060
Logo description: School Name with H
Logo application fee: $5.50 added at checkout
Some items available to try at Lands' End Shop at Sears.
The Hang-Up, Holton's gently-used uniform boutique, is available through the Advancement Center and open during regular school hours. The Hang-Up is brought to you by the Holton-Arms Alumnae Association, whose mission and focus is to provide continued value to the Holton experience.
Students and families may purchase jumpers, skirts, polos, turtlenecks, gym uniforms, sweatshirts, fleeces, and sweaters, all at a significant discount. Prices for items in the boutique range from $5 to $15. Donations to the Hang-Up can be made at any time to the Advancement Center!
The Hang-Up summer hours are: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to noon June 17 through August 30.