Summer & Back to School
The first day of classes is set for Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 8 a.m.
We will follow a special schedule to accommodate the traditional all-school Convocation. Parents are invited to attend this opening ceremony, which establishes the tone and theme for the school year.
Use the tabs below for more information:
New parent access to the password protected website and student database will be emailed in mid-July.
White list all email from:
so emails are delivered promptly and not bounced.
No post to display.
GETTING READY FOR FALL 2019
- I have scheduled my daughter(s) Annual Physical and completed HEALTH FORM. [Due June 30] Please return this form to Holton Attn: Lori Herrigna, RN Director of Student Health.
- I am aware of my daughter’s SUMMER READING responsibilities - varies by division found on the Lower, Middle, and Upper School tabs.
- I have checked my daughter’s ADDITIONAL SUMMER WORK - varies by division found on the Lower, Middle, and Upper School tabs.
- I am familiar with the TECHNOLOGY DEVICE REQUIREMENT for grades 5-12.
- I am familiar with the UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS for the coming school year
- I am familiar with THE HANG-UP selling gently used uniforms at a discounted rate [on campus open Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to noon June 17 through August 30].
- Upper School: I am familiar with SUMMER ATHLETIC WORKOUT REQUIREMENTS and ATHLETICS PRE-SEASON dates.
- I have received BUS SCHEDULE & REGISTRATION information for SY20
- RETURNING PARENTS - I have downloaded PDFs of my daughter’s 2018-2019 REPORT CARDS. [SY19 reports removed July 5, 2019]
- NEW PARENTS - I know my LOGIN information and how to change my password for the HOLTON WEBSITE & STUDENT DATABASE. [emailed mid-July]
- I have checked my HOUSEHOLD CONTACT INFORMATION in the student database (address, email, and phone numbers) and updated if necessary. [By July 26 to be included in the print directory] Questions? CONTACTUS@HOLTON-ARMS.EDU
- LOWER SCHOOL: I received my CARPOOL NUMBER PLACARD in the mail.
- MIDDLE/UPPER SCHOOL: I am able to access my daughter’s COURSE LIST in the student database.
- MIDDLE/UPPER SCHOOL: I am familiar with how to order my daughter’s BOOKS.
- MIDDLE/UPPER SCHOOL: I am attending the USED BOOK SALE [August 7 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.]
- I am familiar with DROP-OFF & PICK-UP times and locations for my daughter(s).
- I understand Wednesday, September 11 is the first 9 a.m. opening and that every Wednesday thereafter starts at 9 a.m. I understand buses will run on the regular schedule and I can drop my daughter off at the regular time.
- I understand that my daughter can participate in the BREAKFAST CLUB available in the dining room from 7:30 to 7:50 a.m. on school days free of charge.
- LOWER SCHOOL: I am familiar with the AFTER SCHOOL GROUP MUSIC LESSON schedule.
- LOWER SCHOOL: I am familiar with the policies, schedules, and fees for HOMEWORK ZONE & EXTENDED DAY.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL: I am familiar with the policies, schedules, and fees for HOMEWORK HAVEN.
- I have added HOLTON EMAIL to my safe sender list.
- I can access the HOLTON CALENDAR and subscribe to Holton calendar feeds and alerts.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Lower School office at 301-365-6063.
After-school lessons will begin the week of September 16. Students in their first or second year of study are required to take a group lesson after school. These lessons occur once a week after school and will be on a regular schedule meeting Mondays and Tuesdays after school.
Summer 2019 Group Read, Book Bingo, and suggested free reading.
Optional summer work for new rising grade 6 students.
For the 2019-2020 school year, students in grades 3 and 4 will have access to Google Chromebooks. Students in grades 5 and 6 are required to purchase an iPad.
We look forward to seeing all new Holton students at the Lower School New Student Orientation on Thursday, August 29. Students new to grade 6 will stay until 5:30 p.m. for a technology session.
As a learning specialist, my vision of a perfect summer includes at least 20 minutes of reading a day, journaling, practicing math, and a lot of swimming and playing.
Drop-off begins at 7:30 a.m., pick-up begins at 3:30 p.m. Carpool numbers are mailed in August.
After-school study hall and child care for Lower School students.
Fall registration opens August 2019.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Middle School Office 301-365-6017.
Middle School required reading, groups reading, and free reading.
Summer 2019 student math contains course level appropriate work to be completed prior to the start of school.
For the 2019-2020 school year, students in grades 7 and 8 are required to purchase an iPad.
Thursday, August 29 from 8:00 a.m. to noon.
Grade 7 girls will experience a two-day program on Holton-Arms’ campus August 29 & 30, 2019. The permission form and waiver must be submitted by Friday, August 16.
Middle School students are dismissed from the Main Entrance each day at 3:30 p.m. The Middle School after-school program is called Homework Haven.
Grade 8 students will participate in a three-day, two-night excursion October 2-4, 2019. Permission form and waiver must be submitted by September 14.
Fall registration opens August 2019.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Upper School 301.365.6045 or email email@example.com.
For the Summer of 2020 Upper School students are required to read five (5) books.
Important information Division information from Upper School Director Chris Lynch.
For the Summer of 2019 Upper School students are required to read five (5) books.
For the 2020-2021 school year, students in grades 9-12 are required to purchase a school approved laptop.
2019 Pre-season beings Monday, August 19 with a mandatory fall athlete meeting at 8:00 a.m. in the gymnasium.
Fall coach contact information and optional summer camps for cross country, dance, field hockey, soccer, tennis, and volleyball.
If you missed the spring Orchesis Audition and still want to audition, this is your chance! Orchesis is Holton's dance company that meets after school four days a week during the first two athletic seasons
Get ready for fall sports with workouts designed for cross country, field hockey, soccer, tennis, and volleyball.
Information about requirements and purchasing uniforms.
For all Grade 9 and New Upper School Students Friday, August 30, 2019 from 8 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (in uniform).
Chamber August 26, Swing Choir August 29, US Chorus September 22.
Two-day summit for Holton rising sophomore, juniors, and seniors August 19 & 20, 2019.
ImPACT testing for Grade 11 is August 23, 2018 from 12 to 1 p.m. ImPACT testing and weight room orientation for Grade 9 is August 23, 2018 from 1 to 3 p.m.
Productions, expectations, audition details, and performance dates.
The bash is a no-pressure opportunity to get to know other students who participate in drama at Holton as well as the Drama Faculty. The bash is commitment-free; just show up and meet people!