Community Voices is a parent advocacy group dedicated to learn and grow through the sharing of our unique perspectives. The group will host education and advocacy events around current diversity topics inviting everyone in the community to connect through their unique voices.
Diversity at Holton
As one of our key distinctions, Holton-Arms champions diversity. In founding our School, Jessie Moon Holton demonstrated the power education has to liberate the mind. She was a strong advocate of kindness, understanding, cooperation, and service. By championing diversity, we foster a culture of integrity where differences are celebrated.
Diversity Mission Statement
We are proud to be one of the only schools in the Washington, D.C. area with over 40% cultural diversity. Of course, culture is not the only way in which we measure diversity. A diverse community provides for diversity of thought, identity, and experience that stimulates new ways of thinking and actively demonstrates respect for differences, moral courage, and appreciation for common ground.
The Holton-Arms School, within the context of its educational mission, seeks inclusion, equity, and pluralism in its policies, practices, and programs and teaches respect for the rights of all people.
1. A Board of Trustees which is inclusive in its membership and provides the leadership necessary
for fostering an equitable and just school community.
2. A diverse school community that encourages all of its members (students, parents, faculty and staff ) to develop mutual respect, integrity, moral courage, and civility through discourse, teamwork, and a variety of community experiences.
3. A curriculum which is broad and inclusive.
4. Increased participation of alumnae of all backgrounds to participate in the life of the School, to support one another,
and to mentor current students.
5. Provision of the training and skills necessary to achieve these goals.