Students travel to and from school by carpool; on Holton-run buses that offer daily service to select locations throughout Maryland, D.C., and Virginia; or by T-2 Metrobus.
The School's 2001 Neighborhood Agreement restricts Holton traffic in various ways and the School strongly encourages families to carpool. It is important that Holton reduce the traffic to campus.
Holton operates daily morning and afternoon bus service. We are always evaluating bus routes to best serve our community and add routes as necessary. Don't see a stop by you? Please email us with suggestions.
- Alexandria, VA (early & late afternoon option available)
- Arlington, VA (early & late afternoon option available)
- Bethesda, MD
- Capitol Hill, DC
- Cleveland Park/Spring Valley, DC (early & late afternoon option available)
- Friendship Heights, DC/Chevy Chase, MD (early & late afternoon option available)
- Germantown/Gaithersburg/Potomac Village
- Guy Mason/Palisades, DC
- Holton/Landon Shuttle
- Northern Virginia (early &late afternoon option available)
- Olney/Leisure World, MD
- Prince Geogre’s County, MD (early & late afternoon option available)
Parents who wish to take advantage of this transportation option must sign up for bus service and submit a transportation contract. Bus route and registration forms are available on the Parent Portal page .
The School urges parents to form carpools as an economical and convenient means of transportation that helps reduce traffic. Current families may locate Holton famlies who live near you in the Parent Portal online directory.
Holton is also accessible via Metrobus. The T-2 route runs between Rockville and Friendship Heights and stops directly in front of the School.