Time matters. Our schedule maximizes the program, moderates the weekly pace, increases engagement, and addresses the needs of our learners.
Key features include:
- Rotating schedule provides daily variety for all learners
- Class lengths encouraging deep exploration and project-based learning
- Late start every Wednesdays slow the pace of the week and increases engagement
- Community and Flex periods provide time for connection and interdisciplinary endeavors
- Built in study time allows frequent accessibility to teachers outside of class time
Holton's academic schedule is divided into trimesters. The daily schedule for 2022-2023 will follow a weekly alternating Blue/White Monday-Friday program.
LATE STARTS ON WEDNESDAY MORNINGS
We know anecdotally from schools across the country and from neuroscience research on adolescent sleep patterns that a later start on a consistent basis can help reduce student stress and improve health, academic performance, and general wellness. Responding to this research, the Holton schedule includes a 9:15 a.m. start every Wednesday. This has the advantage of creating consistency around our late starts. The faculty and staff use the time for professional work.