The Winter Lacrosse Skills and Development Clinic for girls in grades 3 to 9 is designed for beginner and intermediate level players. This clinic is designed to develop the following essential lacrosse skills:
- Cradling fluency
- Develop throwing and catching consistency
- Power and finesse of shot placement
- Footwork and dynamic movement
- For intermediate players – gaining confidence in your non-dominate hand
- For intermediate players – dodges and utilizing alternate hand placement
Athletes will be placed in instruction groups that focus on the skills appropriate for their level of development. Each clinic will have an element of instruction, competition and small-sided games when developmentally appropriate.
This three-week program meets Sunday afternoons in Holton’s Marriott Gymnasium, but may move outdoors to the Lower School Turf Field if the weather is fair. Participants should come prepared wearing athletic gear and sneakers, and bring a Lacrosse stick*, goggles*, mouth guard, and a water bottle.
*A limited number of lacrosse sticks and goggles will be available for rent, but each participant MUST bring her own mouth guard.
Session 1: Sundays: January 12, 19, and 26
Session 2: Sundays: February 2, 9, and 23 (no class February 16)
Grades 3-8: 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Price: $75 / 3 weeks
* Additional $24 to rent a lacrosse stick and goggles for the three weeks
Contact Special Programs at 301-365-6003 if you have questions.