Here students learn to breathe life into the musical notes on the printed page, to contribute to a collaborative and rigorous rehearsal process, to find their own voices through the music, to understand music as a reflection of society, to acquire the skills for expressive musical performance, and to build a cohesive ensemble.
Annual Concerts include:
- Lower School Winter Concert
- Winter Choral Concert – Middle and Upper Schools
- Spring Choral Concert – Upper School
- Spring Choral Concert - Lower and Middle Schools
- Independent Schools Choral Festival – featuring choruses from nine area schools (held each October in the Washington National Cathedral)
- Independent Schools Vocal Ensemble Night for small ensembles (held each April)