Arts Adjunct Program
The Holton-Arms Fine & Performing Arts Adjunct Program provides extracurricular arts education for students and adults in the Holton community and those from the greater D.C. area. The program offers music lessons, unique workshops, master classes, and other opportunities growing out of the School’s rich curricular programs in the fine and performing arts.
Registration is now open for private music lessons. Submit your online inquiry.
The focus of the music lesson program is to provide instructional support for students in the curricular ensemble program, to expand students' musical education beyond the scope of the School's ensemble program (e.g. guitar and piano), and to make the same outstanding instruction available to students outside of the Holton community.
Professional adjunct faculty members will offer private and group lessons in vocal and instrumental music including piano, guitar and harp. The program will include informal and formal performance opportunities throughout the year with open studios, studio workshops, and formal recitals.
ACTivate Drama Workshop
(Open to Holton Grades 5 & 6 Only)
FALL 2018 ACTivate: Myths, Legends and Folktales
Sept. 17, 24, Oct. 1, 15, 22, 29, Nov. 5, 12, 19, Dec. 3, 10, 17 - 4:00 to 5:30 p.m. (make up date: January 7, 2019)
Few stories are more dramatic than the myths, legends and folk/fairy tales of days gone by, and this class will bring one of these stories to life! The semester will focus on classic stories/literature and, using an original script, allow the actors to explore a colorful cast of characters. Please come dressed to play (modesty shorts or tights under skirts, shoes that stay on your feet) and bring your imagination!
A final INformance will occur during the final class period and is guaranteed to wow family and friends.
SPRING 2019 ACTivate: Shakin' Up Shakespeare
Jan. 28, Feb. 4, 11, 25, March 4, 11, 18, April 8, 22, 29, May 6, 13. 4:00 to 5:30 p.m. (make up date May 20, 2019)
"All the world's a stage" and this semester, the Holton girls are the players. This class will bring the accessibility of Shakespeare's plays to life in an active way and will encourage young actors to find the fun in “The Bard’s” classic stories and elevated language. The class will culminate in a final performance of Shakespeare's original text (abbreviated for time and content) that is guaranteed to wow family and friends. Please come dressed to play (modesty shorts or tights under skirts, shoes that stay on your feet) and bring your imagination!
How does the program work?
1. For general questions about the Adjunct Program, please call the Fine & Performing Arts Office at 301-365-6098 or send an email to email@example.com.
2. For the ACTivate Drama Workshop (Holton 5th and 6th graders only), please submit the online form.
3. To inquire about music lesson offerings and fees, to identify a teacher, and to schedule lessons, please submit an Inquiry Form.
4. You will receive a confirmation email with the contact information for the recommended teacher(s).
5. After you and the teacher agree to a lesson day/time, please submit the online Registration Form. You will be asked if you have read the Policies & Procedures when you register, so please consult that document before registering.
- Kate Ambacher - Flute
- Matt Horanzy - guitar
- Cheryl Hill - clarinet
- Zenas Kim-Banther – trombone
- Barbara Kober – piano
- Lisa-Beth Lambert - violin
- Steve Larrance - percussion
- Chang Eun Lee - piano
- Kathryn Lowman - viola/violin
- Jose-Luis Oviedo - trumpet
- Hilary Park – voice
- Emily Robinson - clarinet/saxophone
- Kate Magill Robinson - drama
- Mark Schuppener - violin
- Erin Snedecor – cello
- Heidi Sturniolo - harp
- Emily Tsai - oboe
- Vanessa Young - harp