Arts Adjunct Program
The Holton-Arms Fine & Performing Arts Adjunct Program provides extracurricular arts education for students and adults in the Holton community and those from the greater Washington metropolitan community. The program consists primarily of music lessons, and unique workshops, master classes, and other opportunities growing out of the School’s rich curricular programs in the fine and performing arts are offered when possible.
Registration is now open for private music lessons. Submit your online inquiry.
The focus of the music lesson program is to provide instructional support for students in the curricular ensemble program, to expand students' musical education beyond the scope of the School's ensemble program (e.g. guitar and piano), and to make the same outstanding instruction available to students outside of the Holton community.
Professional adjunct faculty members will offer private and group lessons in vocal and instrumental music including piano, guitar and harp. The program will include informal and formal performance opportunities throughout the year with open studios, studio workshops, and formal recitals.
ACTivate Drama Workshop
ACTivate Drama Workshop: Shakin' Up Shakespeare
"All the world's a stage" and this semester the Holton girls are the players. This class will bring a Shakespeare play to life in an active and accessible way and will encourage young actors to find the fun in his classic stories and elevated language. The class will culminate in a final INFormance (i.e. 1 formal performance) that will include Shakespeare's original text but abbreviated for time and content. The INFormance will occur during the final class period and is guaranteed to wow family and friends. Students should come dressed to play (modesty shorts or tights under skirts, shoes that stay on the feet) and full of imagination!
Mondays 4:00-5:30 p.m. (Location TBD)
Class Dates: Jan 29; Feb 5, 12, 26; March 5, 12; April 9, 16, 23, 30; May 7 and 14 - INformance may 14, 4:45 p.m. (make-up class on May 21)
Classes are open to Holton students in grades 5 and 6. Classes will run with a minimum of 6 students and a maximum of 12.
How does the program work?
1. For general questions about the Adjunct Program, please call the Fine & Performing Arts Office at 301-365-6098 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. For the ACTivate Drama Workshop (Holton 5th and 6th graders only), please submit the online form.
3. To inquire about music lesson offerings and fees, to identify a teacher, and to schedule lessons, please submit an Inquiry Form.
4. You will receive a confirmation email with the contact information for the recommended teacher(s).
5. After you and the teacher agree to a lesson day/time, please submit the online Registration Form. You will be asked if you have read the Policies & Procedures when you register, so please consult that document before registering.
- Erika Binsley – horn
- Sandy Choi - violin
- Christine H. Eldreth - voice
- Cheryl Hill - clarinet
- Jennifer Horne – violin/viola
- Zenas Kim-Banther – trombone
- Barbara Kober – piano
- Lisa-Beth Lambert - violin
- Steve Larrance - percussion
- Chang Eun Lee - piano
- Kathryn Lowman - viola/violin
- Nataly Merezhuk - violin/viola/piano
- Hilary Park – voice
- Emily Robinson - clarinet/saxophone
- Kate Magill Robinson - drama
- Allyson Royster - flute
- Erin Snedecor – cello
- Heidi Sturniolo - harp
- Emily Tsai - oboe
- Vanessa Young - harp