At Holton-Arms, we believe in providing benefits that support and protect the well-being of faculty, staff, and their families.
To that end, Holton has tailored a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees that includes:
- Health and Dental Insurance: We pay a significant portion of the employee's health premiums. There are two plans for employees to choose from, and all plans have prescription drug coverage and include a vision exam annually and mental health benefits. Dental insurance is offered at a very low rate.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: This program allows employees to set aside pre-tax money for childcare, eldercare, or medical expenses.
- Life Insurance and Short & Long Term Disability Protection: Provided by Holton at no cost to the employee.
- Retirement Savings Program: Eligible employees may begin deferring into their retirement savings the first of the month after their start date. The school provides a generous match and non-elective contribution for all eligible participants. Principal Financial is our plan record-keeper and offers a robust lineup of investments.
- Direct deposit and Credit Union Accounts: These programs are available to all employees.
- Maternity/Paternity Leave: Six weeks fully paid maternity/paternity leave.
Working in an independent school provides employees with some unique and exciting benefits. Some of these include:
- Tuition Remission and Financial Aid for Children of Employees: All full-time employees’ daughters will be eligible for tuition remission and may also apply for financial aid. Landon School has approved a reciprocal policy for the sons of Holton-Arms employees enrolling at Landon.
- Discounted Creative Summer Program: Children of full-time faculty and staff may enroll at a discounted rate.
- Free Lunch: Lunch is provided in the School’s Dining Room every school day to faculty, staff, and students.
- Healthy Work Environment: Faculty and staff have access to wellness programs, exercise facilities, tennis courts, the pool, and smoke-free facilities.
- Abundant Vacation Time: Faculty follow students’ vacation schedules, which includes two weeks off in the winter, one week for spring break, and summer vacation. Staff enjoy the same vacations during the school year, plus additional vacation time, since staff work through the summer.
Holton's educational philosophy encourages lifelong learning for faculty and staff. Holton encourages teachers to visit each other's classes, discuss questions of teaching, visit other schools, attend appropriate conferences and workshops, take graduate courses, and develop curriculum independently and with other faculty members, both within and across departments. Release time and/or funding are often available for professional pursuits such as:
- Graduate study
- College credit courses
Holton also provides special grants for faculty development. These opportunities are offered to promote professional growth, to rekindle the spirit, and to stimulate renewal of ideas.
Child Development Center
Brown House is the child development center at Holton-Arms. Brown House provides child care to parents within their workplace. On-site care increases parents’ involvement in their child’s daily activities and also fosters a sense of security in knowing their child is on the premises. Holton recognizes society’s present-day needs for quality childcare, and is pleased to support this program for its faculty and staff.
The center is located on campus adjacent to the Lower School. The space is big, bright, and ideally suited for a variety of age-appropriate activities. Read more about the programs at Brown House.