At Holton-Arms, we offer faculty and staff a community that is dedicated to high professional and ethical standards and committed to promoting excellence in teaching at every grade level and in every discipline. Our professional standards are in turn a model for our students.
We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, programs for professional development, and the opportunity to work with some of the best faculty, staff, and students.
We are proud to be one of the only schools in the Washington, D.C. area with nearly 40% cultural diversity. Of course, culture is not the only way in which we measure diversity. A diverse community provides for diversity of thought, identity, and experience that stimulates new ways of thinking and actively demonstrates respect for differences, moral courage, and appreciation for common ground. Learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Holton.
The school is situated on a beautiful, college-like suburban campus of 57 acres of rolling woodlands on River Road in Bethesda, Maryland. The campus features two academic buildings connected by an administrative building, two libraries, a performing arts center, 400-seat theater, black box theater, natural light art and ceramics studios, photography lab, three dance studios, and multiple music education spaces. The athletics facilities feature a double gymnasium, indoor competition-size pool, seven outdoor tennis courts, two softball fields, a synthetic turf field, a Bermuda grass field, a fitness center, three dance studios, and an all-weather outdoor track.
If you are interested in joining our community, please explore our current opportunities below.
Holton at a Glance
We are an independent college preparatory school for girls in grades 3-12.
- Total Enrollment: 665
- Students of Color: 44%
- Foreign National Students: 4%
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 5:1
- Average Class Size: 15
- Students receiving financial aid: 24%
- 100% of Holton-Arms graduates are accepted to four-year institutions.
- More than 80% of Upper School students and 100% of Middle School students participate in a sport.
- Approximately 85% of Upper School students enrolled in at least one Fine & Performing Arts class.
- Unique curricular opportunities including Global Education and The Holton-Arms Center for the Advancement of STEM.
Faculty & Staff
- Total Faculty and Staff: 217
- Total Faculty: 121
- 82% of faculty hold advanced degrees
- Average number of years current faculty have been at Holton: 11
Learn more about Holton.