We are proud to be one of the only schools in the Washington, D.C. area with nearly 40% cultural diversity. Of course, culture is not the only way in which we measure diversity. A diverse community provides for diversity of thought, identity, and experience that stimulates new ways of thinking and actively demonstrates respect for differences, moral courage, and appreciation for common ground.
- A Board of Trustees which is inclusive in its membership and provides the leadership necessary for fostering an equitable and just school community.
- A diverse school community that encourages all of its members (students, parents, faculty and staff ) to develop mutual respect, integrity, moral courage, and civility through discourse, teamwork, and a variety of community experiences.
- A curriculum which is broad and inclusive.
- Increased participation of alumnae of all backgrounds to participate in the life of the School, to support one another, and to mentor current students.
- Provision of the training and skills necessary to achieve these goals.