Founded more than a century ago, Holton-Arms school encourages young women to approach the world with a thirst for challenge, unflinching curiosity, and a sense of responsibility to use what they learn for the greatest good.
Here, we help students get to truly know themselves so that they can best contribute to their communities and make a vital impact on the world.
Joining the Holton family means:
- A commitment to hard work—knowing you will be guided and mentored by the finest teachers.
- Spending your days alongside sisters of many ages and backgrounds, learning from one another’s experiences and celebrating one another’s achievements.
- Connecting classroom studies to the shared global challenges you’ll one day inherit and embracing the world as the larger context for everything you learn here.
- Reaching beyond your comfort zone, knowing there’s always someone here who has your back.
- Learning to think and solve problems with creativity, and learning to write with persuasiveness and flair.
- Representing your school with effort and pride in and on the court, pool, studio, or stage.
- Joining a proud legacy of alumnae whose contributions and leadership touch every corner of the world.
“Education is a personal journey—one that is not about grades, getting into college, or preparing for a job. Rather, it is a journey that leads us to grow in self-understanding and develops us into citizens of the world.”
Susanna A. Jones
Head of School