A Framework for the Future
The Holton-Arms Strategic Plan
Holton has a long history of inspiring girls "who will make a difference in a complex and changing world." To ensure that our students are prepared to lead lives of positive influence in the 21st Century, the Strategic Plan aims to foster an innovative learning culture that takes into account how girls learn best, including the use of the latest technologies to achieve this goal. Simultaneously, it will increase Holton's visibility by providing our girls with greater opportunities for engagement both globally and in the D.C. metropolitan community. Holton students will emerge as leaders, ready to change the course of events for the better, wherever they find themselves.
- Mary Catherine Jones Thompson '79
Trustee and Chair of the Strategic Planning Committee
Strategic Plan Goals
Goal 1: Increase Holton's Relevance and Visibility
- Build on a long legacy of innovative and passionate teaching and apply current best thinking on how girls learn with an emphasis on student-centered learning.
- Connect more deeply and broadly with the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area, taking full advantage of the extraordinary array of resources and opportunities our nation's capital has to offer.
- Challenge the traditional boundaries of school so students learn in global and virtual environments while also engaging in co-educational and cross-cultural opportunities.
Goal 2: Strengthen the Heart and Soul of Holton - Our Faculty
- Attract and retain the most talented faculty through generous compensation and benefits.
- Provide and support a robust professional development program.
- Ensure a collaborative and engaging teaching environment.
Goal 3: Advance our School
- Attract and cultivate a diverse and engaged community of students, alumnae, parents and friends.
- Build a sustainable model through endowment to support professional development for faculty and financial aid.